OWASP top 10 Web Application Security for Absolute Beginners - Learn OWASP top 10 risks! Jumpstart your cyber security career & increase earnings! Cyber Security | CISO | Ransomware
- Be confident in explaining the OWASP top 10 during an interview
- Explain all OWASP top 10 threats short and impactful to get attention of managers
- Explain the impact per threat for your business
- Understand how the OWASP top 10 threats can be executed by attackers
- Understand how the OWASP top 10 threats may be mitigated
- Explain 'Injection' to your mom/dad
- Explain 'Insecure Deserialisation' to your non technical friends
- Understand best practices such as Defense in Depth and STRIDE
- CISO level understanding of OWASP
Preview this Course
+ Get instant access to course slides!
+ Get instant access to additional technical resources to scan your website
Within 1,5 hour you will be able to explain web application security without having to code. For your convenience:
I've combined the OWASP 2017 and OWASP 2013 top 10 list into a single list of 10 common web application security threats.
I've updated the course with the latest threats added by OWASP in 2021.
I will teach you the most common threats identified by the Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP). This course will jumpstart your cyber security career!
1) Understand the OWASP top 10,
2) Explain impact per security threat,
3) Understand these threats can be executed by attackers / pentesters / hackers
4) Explain how these security threats can be mitigated
You will be able to understand the above-mentioned points without having to understand code. When implemented properly, it will decrease the impact of ransomware.
How is that possible?
The threats are explained conceptually, since the implementation of a threat may differ per situation. Therefore, having a general understanding of the security threats, its implications and potential solutions will provide you with the essential knowledge to mitigate the impact of these web application security threats. Hence, no security coding or security testing experience needed.
Content (the course is updated continuously thus this list will grow!)
Broken Authentication and Session Management
Broken Access Control
Sensitive Data Exposure
Insufficient Attack Protection
Cross-Site Request Forgery
Using Components with Known Vulnerabilities
XML External Entities (XXE)
Insufficient logging and monitoring
Software and Data Integrity Failures
Server-Side Request Forgery
My Promise to You
I'm a full time CISO / cyber security consultant and online teacher. I'll be here for you every step of the way. If you have any questions about the course content or anything related to this topic, you can send me a direct message.
What makes me qualified to teach you?
My name is Soerin and I've been a cyber security consultant and teacher of cyber security for over a decade. I teach over 90,000 students online, 2.000 offline and have accumulated hundreds of 5-star reviews like these:
"I really like this format of short videos followed by a couple of questions, it is certainly my favorite way to learn." Camilla from Brazil
"Really great structure, I love the "What is it?" -> "what is the impact?" -> "prevention tactics" aspect of it because it allows for a much more easy to follow course." Jason from USA
"Great resources and very time-efficient. No extra unnecessary stuff, just the main points!" Emma from UK
Besides experience as a Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) at several large Dutch organisations I hold the following certifications:
Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
ISO 27001 Lead Auditor
ISO 27001 Lead Implementer
Leading Scaled Agile Framework
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP / Europe)
Certified SCRUM Master
Certified Secure Software Lifecycle professional (CSSLP)
Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900)
PRINCE 2 foundation
International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB)
I have a 30-day 100% money back guarantee, so if you aren't happy with your purchase, I will refund your course - no questions asked!
I can't wait to see you in the course!
Keep learning about Cyber Security to prevent Ransomware from the perspective of a CISO!
Enrol now, and I'll help you in your journey understanding Web Application Security better than ever before!
Who this course is for:
- (Project) managers that lead software projects
- Software architects that want to explain the OWASP top 10 to product owners
- Software engineers that want to advance their career
- Anyone interested in the basics of web application security, explained in layman’s terms
- Pentesters / Red team that need foundational understanding
- Recruiters that want to challenge software engineers
- Product Owners that care about their product